Sunday, July 13, 2014

Let's...

We've been having a difficult time navigating our day-to-day these last few months.

Big changes, different things, bad stuff, things we didn't anticipate...

We've gone through the motions of our everyday, but often with broken and lost hearts. We laugh, but it's been an uncomfortable laugh. Our attempts at light-heartedness have been awkward. 

"He" has been the last thing on my mind. I'm set like steel to do things the way that I know how to do them. But this is outside my realm of experience. I rejoice. I cry. I laugh, but I ache. 

People who love me say that I have to get through this. But I don't know how. I want to curl up in a ball and stay there till time passes. 

And the last thing on my mind has been Him...

But, this morning. I got up and went to church. I wanted to be with my Little Boys. And again, the last thing on my mind was Him...

In the middle of the worship music, it was if I turned around and saw Him standing there. He wasn't mad at me. He wasn't impatient. He wasn't rolling His eyes and telling me that I had to get past it. He was just standing there, waiting for me to turn and look for Him. Ready when I was ready. And I was. And I am...

tell you this, so I can tell you this...

I'm nobody. I'm just a girl who loves her dogs and her people. I don't know much but I do know this:
Don't stop now. Do what you need to do to get through whatever it is that you need to get through.

And. If I can do it, you can do it.

Let's go.

1 comment: